Tuesday 8 May 2012

The Hunger Games: 

I'd like to recommend a book which I read recently called The Hunger Games trilogy followed by Catching Fire, the second book of the trilogy, and the last one Mockingjay. The author of the books is Suzanne Collins. 

The books are about adventures and science fiction... The setting takes place in a naction called Panem, after the destruction of North-America. The nation has got twelve poor districts under the Capitol's hegemony. The main characters, two teenagers, are from the district twelve. Katniss is the head of her family, because her mother was in a depression and Peeta is the baker's son, and they are the tributes for the 74th annual Hunger Games. 

I loved the book because the plot is different from the other books and it's very interesting. The thing I liked most about the book is the way which the main characters help each other in the Stadium. I've watched the film too, there are lots of scenes that I loved like when Katniss and his best friend are in the forest talking, when Peeta during the interview say that he is in love with Katniss and he's the unluckiest guy over the earth because in the games only one person can win. And the last one is when Katniss and Peeta are the last survivors of the games and one of them has to die. IN the end she's got an idea to eat poisonous berries and die together. 

All in all, I really loved the novel and all the trilogy, and thought at the end it has got a happy ending. I wouldn't change it. Maybe I think Suzanne should make a book of the epilogue of Mockingjay because I think the ends comes too fast. I also think that the books have a great message.


The trailer of the film:




No comments:

Post a Comment